The Federation of Uganda Employers (FUE) Youth Development Desk (YDD) was established to support the growth in membership of FUE especially among SMEs and to address the current unemployment crisis that the country is grappling with. It is therefore intended to facilitate the attainment of Uganda’s Vision 2040.
The Youth Development Desk is envisaged to facilitate the process of creating employers for now and for the future. It is also intended at addressing the issue of skills mismatch and shortages with a specific focus on young people in order to ensure that employers have a constant supply of high quality human resource.
Objectives of YDD
- To enhance the growth in membership of the Federation of Uganda Employers among youth led SMEs.
- To promote the establishment of youth owned and led enterprises in Uganda
- To facilitate the process of creating employment opportunities for young people
- To support the transition from school to the world of work by young people
- To encourage knowledge sharing and policy dialogue on issues of youth enterprises development and job creation .Read more
A leading organization in serving employers’ interests and needs by 2018
To enhance employers’ competitiveness through policy advocacy, fostering best employment relations and provision of business development services.
Responsive to Change
Transparency and integrity
Team spirit and commitment